“Being a Christian salesperson is going to be tricky.”
That’s what I thought as I entered my first professional sales position. In retrospect, my life as a Christian salesperson was confusing, gut-wrenchingly difficult, frustrating and wonderfully rewarding. I dealt with questions that you may also face:
– How do I balance the need to get results with the Christian ethic of leaving the outcomes to Christ?
– How and when do I voice my beliefs on the job, when my employer is not paying me to do that?
– Where do I go for support and encouragement in a church where I’m seen as a second class citizen?
– How do I maintain my Christian ethics inside a company that supports just the opposite?
– How do I maintain my perspective when some of the professional Christians around me are so much more manipulative and deceitful than any secular acquaintance?
A twice-a-month article dealing with the issue of being a Christian business person — making an impact for the Kingdom and growing a profitable business.