Our values guide how a team achieves their vision. Follower of One began to equip workplace Christians to follow and serve Jesus full-time and make him known daily. We plan to encourage each other through prayer, online community, and frequent content and reminders, to help everyone we meet move one notch closer to God. And that’s my definition of ministry, too: helping others move closer to God.
Individually, we all operate by our values even if we don’t state them clearly. Values guide and influence every choice, every action.
6 Values for Follower of One
So, for Follower of One, we want to state and discuss our values. These values aren’t set in stone for the group. But I do believe they’re foundational. Please feel free to comment and check out the posts that follow.
The six values of Follower of One are:
- Ministry as a Lifestyle – Our goal is to develop a ministry mindset. Life is better sacrificed to Jesus than kept to ourselves. We want to give our life away in service to Jesus (Romans 12:1).
- Individual Initiative and Leadership – We don’t need permission. We understand most people will let us serve them. We’re not trying to get our church or the church to do anything. We are the church (the body) and we will live our faith in a way that glorifies God (Matthew 5:14-16, Romans 12:4).
- Creativity and Innovation – God daily creates new ways of serving people (Lamentations 3:23). We want to answer the call of God, even if what we believe he is doing has never been done before (Isaiah 43:19).
- Biblical Authority – We subject our effort and creativity to the authority of scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Common Mission – We share a common faith in Jesus and a desire to make him known (Ephesians 4:4-6).
- Cultural Relevance – Our ministry serves the people around us. We ask God to show us ways to bless and love others right where we are (Mark 5:1-20).
We’ll have more on each of these over the next few days. Do you know your values? What will you do or what won’t you do in service to Jesus? Let’s get clear about our values and freely choose to make Jesus known.