Today on the Follower of One podcast, Mike Henry sits down with Spencer Hogan, a husband, a dog dad, and the business development manager for an IT company. Spencer is also the executive director of Young Professionals at Work on Purpose, which helps equip young professionals for the business world. In this episode, Mike and Spencer talk about Work on Purpose, how to work with young adults, the purpose of Work on Purpose, the three strategic areas of working with young adults, how great employees make great disciples, building a network of Christians, the importance of the “Value Basis,” and putting yourself in the shoes of your boss.
Outline of the Episode
- 1:29 – About Spencer Hogan
- 4:26 – How Mike met Spencer
- 4:58 – About At Work on Purpose
- 6:02 – How to work with Young Adults
- 11:03 – The purpose of At Work on Purpose
- 13:10 – How great employees make great disciples
- 14:56 – Building a network of Christians
- 20:09 – Engaging with Marketplace Christians
- 23:38 – The importance of the “Value Basis”
- 27:08 – Putting yourself in the shoes of your boss
- 33:29 – The best tip Spencer can give to a young professional
How great employees make great disciples
Great employees make great disciples. When you think about it, an effective employee is respectful, doesn’t complain, gives interest in their work, and gets their work done.
Building a network of Christians
The Bible calls us to fellowship with other Christians around us. It is so important to build a network of Christians, because not only can you depend on them for business needs, but it creates an environment to be able to go to them when you need prayer.
Connect with Spencer Hogan
Connect With Follower Of One
Join us over in our Online Community, get social with us; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Listen to our podcast on your way to work and subscribe using your favorite podcast app!