Inspiring Leadership Abroad
In this week’s episode of the Follower of One podcast, Mike speaks with Claudio Morelli. Claudio is a retired education professional that now works as a Technical Consultant for The Wellspring Foundation for Education. he Wellspring Foundation for Education is a Christian organization working to empower the next generation of Rwandans through quality education. Please welcome him to our Community!
- 1:00 – Meet Claudio Morelli
- 2:55 – The Wellspring Foundation for Education
- 4:05 – How Claudio joined The Wellspring Foundation
- 8:55 – Claudio’s challenges with Faith in the Workplace
- 13:45 – God puts us in places we are not Comfortable
- 14:55 – Praying for the People of Rwanda and All of Africa
- 17:00 – Leadership Solutions are at the Heart of Most Problems
- 21:10 – Living Differently with People You Work With, Everywhere
- 23:30 – Claudio’s Advice on Living Your Faith Everyday
- 26:10 – Connect with The Wellspring Foundation for Education
Leadership Based on Biblical Principles
Being a leader at any organization within any level is difficult. It takes time and attention to build upon leadership skills. However, we want leadership skills that are rooted in our biblical teachings. These lessons are imperative to both how you live through faith, and how you inspire others to build relationships. Claudio talks about this with Mike while giving examples of why he was inspired to take a job after retirement with The Wellspring Foundation. His inspiration served as a vessel for engaging and changing the lives of the people in Rwanda who needed it most. What type of lessons have you learned over the years that can apply to how you lead in your workplace? Are those lessons bringing you and your coworkers closer to Jesus with every action?
Living Differently Through Technology
Technology has been in a boom period for a long time now. It seems every day we learn of something new that makes it easier to stay connected. Yet, we don’t want that to become stale. We as Christ-followers need to be molding to our changing environment and it is now more evident with a pandemic at hand. Claudio talks about how he is still able to bring extreme value to people in the country of Africa via Zoom or Skype and it is all because of technology. So how do we make our experience different? How can we ensure that although we are interacting across the globe, we still bring value to the person on the other end of the computer? Stick with the basics. Make time for the Bible and lessons. Make time for empathy and make sure that each opportunity you have to connect is a chance to build God’s kingdom!
Connect with Claudio
- The Wellspring Foundation for Education
- The Wellspring Foundation for Education LinkedIn page
- Claudio’s Leadership is Heart blog
- Leadership is Heart Facebook Community
- @CDMorelli on Twitter
- @dclaudiomorelli on Instagram
Connect With Follower Of One
Join us over in our Online Community, get social with us; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Listen to our podcast on your way to work and subscribe using your favorite podcast app. Be a part of our next Marketplace Mission Trip!