Today on the Follower of One podcast, Mike Henry sits down with Mike Baer. Mike Baer is a former pastor, business executive, and now a leader and mobilizer for the modern Business as Mission movement. In this episode, Mike and Mike talk about the Third Path Initiative, God being faithful in giving us the desires in our hearts, how God is no man’s debtor, the idea of integrating Faith and Work, and how you don’t need to be the Billy Graham of your workplace.
Outline of the Episode
- 01:10 – About Third Path Initiative
- 03:20 – God is faithful in giving the desire of our heart
- 07:19 – The Third Path Initiative courses
- 08:22 – The true meaning of Capitalism
- 14:56 – God is No Man’s Debtor
- 16:05 – The idea of integration of Faith and Work
- 21:08 – Engaging congregations about being ministers in the workplace
- 24:33 – You don’t need to be the Billy Graham of your workplace
The idea of integration of Faith and Work
When we integrate our faith at our workplace, we get to be an example of Jesus to our coworkers. Now, we are not saying that you have to stand up and preach the Gospel every time you come to work, but you need to show the love of Christ in the way that you work. Whether that be through praying for a coworker, or going above and beyond at your job, our mission is to have people ask us why we are different.
God is faithful in giving the desires of our hearts
Have you ever thought about where your desires come from? As Christians, we are called to chase after what God has for us. He is the one that gives us the gifts that we have so that we can further His kingdom. God is eternally faithful, and He will always provide for us when we chase after Him.
Follow Mike Baer
Connect With Follower Of One
Join us over in our Online Community, get social with us; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Listen to our podcast on your way to work and subscribe using your favorite podcast app!