More Than Monetary Things with Jonathan Hines, ep#21

More Than Monetary Things

Jonathan Hines | Follower Of One

In this week’s episode of the Follower of One podcast, Mike is joined by a long-time friend, Johnathan Hines. Johnathan is a marriage counselor and runs his own business called All Star Marriage. Johnathan takes us through how he became a believer, how we should strive for more than monetary things, and what he does each day at work that makes a difference.

Episode Details:

  • 00:45 – Meet Johnathan Hines
  • 2:10 – Johnathan and Mike come up with an Idea
  • 9:45 – Johnathan finds Christ
  • 16:10 – Relationships with our Significant Others
  • 18:35 – Changing your outlook on God and your Family
  • 24:10 – How to get in touch with Johnathan

Mindset

Mindset. Most of our problems are directly correlated to our mindset. What can be done, overcome, or accomplished simply by having the right mindset is a key facet in understanding faith at work. Johnathan talks with Mike about how the Market Place Mission Trip gave him the right mindset each and every day while going to work and even though you may miss a day, here or there, we are right there with you every morning picking back up where you left off. Focusing your mind is something that every successful person does, and to be successful during the mission trip – it takes focus each and every day. Just like honing your craft – taking time to focus on what matters during your mission trip is of the utmost importance. Try it for yourself! Sign up here!

Seek Help

We are not in this alone, God is with us every step of the way. Yet, we all are guilty of not asking for help when needed. Maybe it was pride, greed or even envy that kept you from seeking help. Regardless of the reasons, it is always important to know that God is with you and believes in you. Johnathan talks about this specifically as it relates to his counseling. “Only 30% of men will actually seek help with their problems”. This leaves 70% of men with marital, psychological or systematic issues not seeking anyone – and Johnathan plans on changing that through his leadership and practice. We want YOU to know that you are not the only one going through difficult times, and if you ever need help, you should seek it. You can even start with Johnathan!

Provide More Than Money

During the episode, Johnathan discusses his position on marriages and the husband-wife dynamic. He believes that a husband should bring much more to the table than money. This rings true for any relationship. Our goal is not just to bring the security of money but to also bring our relationship with God closer to our spouses and children. As a leader, you want to build a better, more rounded life for the people most important to you. Johnathan also gives a really practical example from when he was in medical sales that we know you will enjoy. How do you treat your #2? Is it by leading them to a fulfilling life with Christ?

Connect with Jonathan:

Connect With Follower Of One

Join us over in our Online Community, get social with us; FacebookInstagramTwitter, and LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Listen to our podcast on your way to work and subscribe using your favorite podcast app. Be a part of our next Marketplace Mission Trip!

Liked this post? Share with your friends & coworkers

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Keep Going? Check out these related posts

Comments are closed.